– Rep. Matt Dowling (R-Fayette/Somerset) announced that grants were awarded to both Fayette and Somerset counties through the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) to help fund local rehabilitation projects throughout the 51st Legislative District.
These grants come from DCNR’s Community Conservation Partnership Program and are a part of a $50 million investment for 280 projects across Pennsylvania that will create new recreational opportunities, conserve natural resources and help revitalize local communities.
“These grants will allow our local communities to improve and rejuvenate areas in need of further development, said Dowling. “Development projects are vital to our district as they provide job opportunities to those in surrounding areas and, upon completion, help increase tourism in our communities.”
Listed below are the grants awarded to Fayette and Somerset counties:
• Fayette County, $30,000, prepare master site development plans for the 134.5-acre German-Masontown Park in Masontown Borough and the 166.8-acre Dunlap Creek Park in Menallen Township.
• Franklin Township, $91,000, further development of Franklin Community Park, Franklin Township. Work to include construction of pedestrian walkways and parking area; ADA access, landscaping, project and other related site improvements.
• Somerset, Inc., $50,000, further development of Trinity Park, Somerset Borough. Work to include construction of pedestrian walkways and outdoor stage; ADA access, landscaping, and other related site improvements.
Fayette, Somerset and Westmorland Counties
• Saltlick Township, $52,000, prepare a river conservation plan for the Upper Youghiogheny River Watershed.
DCNR’s Bureau of Recreation and Conservation builds connections between citizens and the outdoors by providing funding and technical assistance support for local recreation and park improvement projects through its Community Conservation Partnerships Program grants.
Representative Matthew Dowling
51st Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Abby Krueger
RepDowling.com / Facebook.com/RepDowling
Twitter.com/RepDowling / Instagram.com/RepDowling