– Rep. Matt Dowling (R-Fayette/Somerset), who has begun his second term as the state representative for the 51st Legislative District, announced that he has been appointed to four standing House committees as the 2019-20 legislative session commences.
Dowling will be serving on the following House committees this session:
- The Judiciary Committee, which focuses on issues and legislation relating to the Judicial Code, the Crimes Code and the Domestic Relations Code. Some of the topics overseen by the committee include identity theft, firearms laws, domestic violence, child abuse laws, state prisons and criminal law.
- The Liquor Control Committee, which is responsible for issues relating to the administration of alcoholic beverage licenses and the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages, as well as continued efforts to boost consumer convenience.
- The State Government Committee, which is responsible for reviewing legislation dealing with all aspects of state government, including proposed amendments to the Pennsylvania Constitution, statewide initiatives and referenda, the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act, the Regulatory Review Act, legislative redistricting, Election Code reform, lobbyist disclosure and campaign financing.
- The Urban Affairs Committee, which reviews legislation affecting the state’s largest cities including housing, urban redevelopment, economic development, land use planning and zoning, growth management, infrastructure financing, and city services such as police, fire, sewage and water.
“I am excited and humbled to have the opportunity to sit on the Judiciary and Liquor Control committees, as well as continuing to serve on State Government and Urban Affairs committees,” said Dowling. “I plan to support and develop legislation that promotes safety and security for our residents as well as ensures their state and federal rights, especially that their Second Amendment rights, will not be infringed upon.”
More information on Dowling is available on his website at RepDowling.com
and on Facebook at Facebook.com/RepDowling
Rep. Matthew Dowling
51st Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Abby Krueger